YouTube’s collaboration with Ridley Scott and Kevin MacDonald has been awarded with a Gold Cyber Lion at Cannes for Life In A Day. We are very proud to have developed the creative execution of the original campaign call out. Helping to make this historic cinematic experiment a success. Congratulations to the entire team; YouTube, Scott Free, Google Creative Lab, Toaster and RehabStudio. Well done guys! Awards are welcomed but we’re even more proud that our input helped inspire the masses to participate.
What happens when you send a request out to the world to chronicle, via video, a single day on Earth? You get 80,000 submissions and 4,500 hours of footage from 192 countries. Producer Ridley Scott and Oscar-winning director Kevin Macdonald took this raw material — all shot on July 24, 2010 — and created Life in a Day, a groundbreaking, feature-length documentary that portrays this kaleidoscope of images we call life. National Geographic is bringing it to theaters starting July 24, 2011. Prepare to be amazed.
- Gold Cyber Lion Winner at Cannes Lions
- FWA Site Of The Day, 22nd October 2010
- Double Silver World Medal Winner at New York Festivals 2011
- Inclusion in the Creative Review Annual 2011
- Gold Winner (Media & Entertainment) at the Revolution Awards 2011
- Winner at the Tomorrow Awards 2011
- Silver Winner and In Book for the D&AD Awards 2011
- Shortlisted for the Design Week Awards 2011